Butler Middle School
School Community Council (SCC)
Jan 18, 2023
BMS Mission Statement
The mission of Butler Middle School is to foster rights, respect, and responsibility in a supportive school community that ensures all students achieve high levels of learning.
- Doug Draughan (2) – Chair
- Ily Murdock (2)- Co Chair
- Paula Logan (S)
- Genny Poll (S)
- DarylAnn Ashby (1)
- Evann Howlett (S)
- Summer Gallegos (1)
- Ladena Saxey (S)
- Jennifer Hamelin (2)
- Sara Vranes (1)
- Tatiana Grant (S)
Goals for Butler Middle School’s TSSP 2022-2023
In the 2022-2023 school year, BMS will aim to have 85% of our students on track each quarter with attendance in all grades and student groups. We define on track as students missing less than 10% (green and yellow).
Behavior – 85% of students will report feeling connected to school on targeted school climate survey. We will average the last 3 data questions related specifically to connectedness from the survey.
Coursework: MI (Math) Goal:
75% of our students will be proficient or advanced on the Spring 2023 Math Inventory (MI).
5% or less in Below Basic and 20% or less in Basic in each grade level by the end of the school year.
75% of our SWD, ELLs, and students in the Below Basic level will grow at least 50 points or one level in the January and April testing windows.
Coursework: RI (Reading) Goal:
80% of our students will be proficient or advanced on the Spring 2023 Reading Inventory (RI).
5% or less in Below Basic and 15% or less in Basic in each grade level by the end of the school year.
80% of our Students with Disabilities, English Language Learners, and students in the Below Basic level will grow at least 50 points or one level in the January and April testing windows.
- Welcome – Introductions (Doug)
- Approve last meeting minutes (October and November) (Doug)
- School Safety
- Safe Walking Route
- Drills Report
- PTC-Feb. 28/March 1
- Tuesday Feb 28 Online Appointments
- Wednesday March 1 In Person Appointments
- Update on LifeSkills Lessons
- Feedback on School Communication–
- Review CSIP Data from Mid-Year *Informational
- MI Testing
- RI Testing
- School Connectedness
- LandTrust/CSIP Goals
- Review of current goals
- Any changes you would like to explore
- Data collection requests
- Registration Timeline/Update
- In Person
- Jan. 27th – Registration cards go out
- Jan. 31st – 5th graders at Butler
- Feb. 2nd – Parent Night 5th grade
- Feb. 1, 2 – 6th, 7th graders register in ELA classes
- Upcoming Calendar Events
- Jan. 21 – Chess Tourney
- Jan. 23rd – Multilingual Family Night
- End of Jan – Registration
- Feb. 28 and March 1 – PTC
Next Meeting: February 15