"It's Always a GREAT day to be a Bruin"
The Mission of Butler Middle School is to foster rights, respect and responsibility in a supportice school community
that ensures all students achieve high levels of learning.
- Student learning is the chief priorty of the school and is the primary focus of all decisions impacting the work of school.
- Students are most successful when actively engaged in the learning process and are provided with caried course offerings and instructional strategies.
- Each student is a valued individual with unique physical, social, emotional and intellectual needs.
- Students, teachers, administrators, parents and the community share the responsibility for advancing the school’s mission.
- Teaching and promoting exemplary citizenship is fundamental to the success of our students and to the preservation of our nation’s democracy.
Desired Results of Student Learning
- Initiates own learning
- Achieves high standards of literacy and basic knowledge
- Manages information
- Demonstrates aesthetic awareness
- Demonstrates a variety of thinking processes
- Integrates new information with existing knowledge and experience
- Applies thinking skills strategically
- Demonstrates individual responsibility and self control
- Practices a healthy lifestyle
- Understands and promotes democratic values
- Participates in activities that promote the public good
- Uses appropriate methods to communicate with others
- Listens and responds appropriately when receiving communication