Wednesday, 17 April 2013 12:15
We invite you to join us on April 24, from 6:00-8:00 pm, to honor those who are leaving us at the
end of the school year!
- Barbara Ayrton, Library media Coordinator, 26 years
- Betty Bleak, Art Teacher, 19 years
- Brent Johnson, Woodshop, CTE Teacher, 36 years
- Nan Kemp, Language Arts, Math Teacher, 33 years
- Candy Patterson, Language Arts, Social Studies Teacher, 29 years
- Bob Pliley, Science Teacher, 25 years
- Tove Wayman, Head Secretary, 25 years
- Kay Willoughby, Science Teacher, 29 years
We are grateful for their hard work, invaluable contributions and treasured friendships! We will miss them all dearly!
Saturday, 06 April 2013 21:38
Canyons Family Center - Specialty Courses
Spring 2013 Classes
TUESDAY Classes starting April 9, 2013 (6-week classes) 6:30-8:30 pm
- Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD) Parenting Supports: This six-week class/support group will focus on specialized strategies and techniques for parents to use with a child diagnosed with High-Functioning Autism, Asperger’s, or Pervasive Developmental Disorder (PDD-NOS).
Monday, 04 March 2013 12:38
BMS is accepting donations of gently used clothing March 4th through March 15th. Please drop off your donations at the donation table in the front foyer before school each day. We request that you pre-sort the clothing into separate bags/boxes by size.
On March 16th, from 9 AM – 2 PM, we will be hosting a free clothing closet, open to the public.
For questions, please contact Stacy Kurtzhals at 801-826-6813.
Tuesday, 08 January 2013 13:48
On Sept. 6, 2011, the Canyons Board of Education approved the negotiated agreement for licensed employees. As part of this agreement, end-of-quarter EBL days, which are optional, were reduced to half days. Also, in efforts to retain teachers’ time to prepare and finalize quarter grades, a day toward the end of the first, second and third quarters will become minimal days under the negotiated agreement.
Minimal days include the following stipulations:
- Students will attend school only part of the day, 4 hours and 40 minutes.
- Schools will begin at their traditional starting times and end 4 hours and 40 minutes after the start of the school day.
- The school day will include 4 hours of instructional time, plus a lunch period. Passing time cannot be counted as part of instructional time.
- All hours remaining in the teachers’ contract time following the minimal school day shall be used for grade preparation.
- Teachers will be paid at their regular daily rate of pay.
Initially, minimal days for secondary schools were to be held on the final day of the quarter. Unfortunately, a conflict with traditional secondary minimal-day schedules and elementary early-out schedules created insurmountable issues with student transportation.
As a result, the minimal days for traditional secondary schools will be scheduled one day before the end of the quarter. However, elementary school calendars will not change.
Below is the schedule of minimal and EBL days for both traditional secondary and trimester secondary schools. (2012-2013)
Thursday, Nov. 1
Friday, Jan. 18
Wednesday, April 3