What delightful weather!!! I know you hear it from me a lot, but I do love our crisp, cool days. The mountains are just glorious! Hopefully once you are done with the Virtual Friday assignments, you have some time outside this weekend.
We are closing up 3rd quarter. 🙂 It is hard to believe that one year ago, they send our students home and we were all online. I am so grateful to our community and your support as we have worked through this school year. Your support of masks and the various safety precautions has been paramount in keeping us all safe and our school open. Thank you!!! I am glad that most of our students are back in person and I cannot wait to have us all back.
As we start 4th quarter, the administration will be visiting all the students in one of their core classes over the first three days of next week. We want to remind our students of the expectations now that spring fever seems to have hit. Reminders about masks, phones, and social distancing will be the focus.
PTSA – There is a lot going on with our PTSA this month. Here are the highlights:
- Memory Books: You are in luck!! There is still time to get your Memory Book for the 2020-2021 School Year. We are selling memory books at $30 each. Please make sure to log into your Skyward account for this purchase.
- March Membership Drive: We are so grateful to all of you who have signed up and helped the PTSA this year. If you want to get involved, it’s not too late to sign up, visit https://butlermiddle.memberhub.store/store Thank You!!!
- Student PTSA The Student PTSA will be meeting again on 3/24/2021 at 3pm at the school. Come join the group and get involved with our upcoming Spring Service Project!!
Build A Bruin – The following 1st period classes reached their classroom goal and got to spin the wheel for prizes:
- Mr. Sanderson
- Mrs. Stanton
- March 14-31 – March Madness with our Media Center
- March 18 – End of Term 3
- March 22 – Quarter 4 begins
- March 22 – 3v3 Basketball Tournament (6h Grade); 4:00 @ Mt. Jordan MS
- March 23 – 3v3 Basketball Tournament (7th Grade); 4:00 @ Mt. Jordan MS
- March 24 – 3v3 Basketball Tournament (8th Grade); 4:00 @ Mt. Jordan MS
- March 25 – Band Festival; Butler Middle School
- March 29 – BHS Girls Soccer Meeting for 8th Grade Girls; 6:30 p.m. @ BHS
- March 31 – Talent Show and Teacher of the Year Announcement
If there is anything we can do to support you and your student, please let us know. And remember. . .
It’s always a GREAT day . . . To be a BRUIN!!!
Ms. Paula Logan
Ongoing Items – These items have been addressed before, but may be needed again.
Bruins Den – March 23, 24, and 25. The Bruins Den is available on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday afternoons from 3:00 to 4:00 p.m. in the GREAT Room. This is a time for students to complete homework and/or get help from teachers. Each afternoon, two teachers are available in the GREAT Room to assist with student homework. Students can work on their own or get assistance from a teacher. Computers are available for homework.