It has been a crazy week. Our BMS family sends our love to our students and families. We hope you are safe and taking precautions. Thank you for the supportive messages and a few lovely treats that have been dropped off. Our staff and our teachers are working hard to get things in place for learning to continue. We appreciate your patience and understanding as we transition to a new reality for all of us.
I know you have been receiving a lot of information and in various places. We will work through next week to ease that and become more efficient on our end. Currently our focus has been just on getting the information to you. We will get better.
As we approach the weekend, I have two informational items and one update:
1) Main Office Hours—In an effort to protect our faculty and staff while still serving our community and keeping with the recommendations of under 10 people, we will attempt to control the number of individuals who are in our main office at one time.
- To do this, we are asking that students and/or parents schedule appointments to visit the main office beginning Tuesday 3/24/20.
- We will have 10 minute appointments available between 8:00 – 11:30 and 12:30 – 2:30 each day.
- Phones and emails will be our main communication formats. We will have staff answering phones 8-3 each day.
- On Monday, March 23, with handing out computers and lunches, we will have our open office hours limited to 10-1 as we did today. Phones will be answered from 8-3.
- On Monday, I will send out instructions as to how to sign up for an appointment in the office. This will be a similar process to signing up for parent teacher conferences.
2) Chromebooks-–There are a number of students who do not have computer access and we are working to get Chromebook out. The district sent out a questionnaire and we followed up with some phone calls.
- On Monday we have scheduled students to come get chromebooks throughout the day. This will be a drive up plan with pickups scheduled about 5 minutes apart.
- If you need a chromebook and did not receive a call today, please call the Main Office on Monday, 801-826-6800. We can arrange to have one checked out to your student and to schedule a pick up time.
3) Lunch Update–We will continue to serve lunch from11:30-12:30. These are grab and go lunches. We have been handing out around 100 each day. There are a few things to know:
- Lunches are for children 18 or younger
- The student/child must be present to pick up the lunch
- We cannot give a lunch to an adult who does not have a child present
Thank you again for your support and understanding as we move through these changes. I have been so grateful to our community and our staff. In a very trying time, I find myself surrounded with people who are hard working, kind, and helpful. It has been such a blessing to see the goodness in so many people.
I can say with confidence and pride. . .
It’s always a GREAT day to be BRUIN!!
Ms. Paula Logan